Wednesday 19 February 2014

Dear spring, come over here!


I know, I know. It's not here yet! But still.. Somehow I can already feel the air changing. The wind gets a little softer, the cold isn't that sharp and sometimes the sun is finally showing itself! I even woke up this morning because the birds we're singing. I really can't wait until these cold and dark months are over. To cheer myself up and give you something to look forward too, I'll make you this little, very random and small, spring post full of happiness!


First of all: this spring, I'm turning twenty! Woohoo! Sounds old to me, because I won't be a teenager anymore. But it also means I grew up a little bit more. I'm getting more involved into life, and it makes me wiser every day. So this spring will be extra special for me! Spring means growth, and also means new life. People fall in love all over again with their loved ones, or find new love. Love is everywhere when spring is knocking on the door.


Flowers will be shooting out of the ground and blossom will fill the trees. Nature is at it's best and we can finally enjoy a little walk in the sunshine. We can breath in the clean, soft spring air and feel the sun shining on our faces. Letting it's warmth filling you up. The sky is full of life, because all the birds will be returning from their warm vacations in lands far away. The cows and horses will be back on the land, so will humans be. People walking outside and chattering in a easy pace.


What I also really love is that people are getting inspired and creative again! While we had no time for it in the winter because the days are short and the nights are long, we find the passion again. When I take a walk in spring time I see people paint in the fields. I see people working out in the mornings, running past old couples taking a nice walk together. For me, poems are a important source of inspiration. I never write them during wintertime. But as soon as the sun shows it's face again, I get this urge to write things down again in a nice little poem. 

As soon as the sun shines trough my window, I realise my room could use a new layer of paint and some cleaning. Spring means a fresh year, a new start. Clean out the old, put in the new! Time to fresh things up. I've been snooping around on the interent to find some inspiration for a new and fresh summer room. Just to clear my mind and fill my room full of positive energy! I'll might make a blogpost about it. 


What does the spring mean to you? What do like most, or least about it? Let me know! 

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
  Lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment