Thursday 20 February 2014

Get out of that comfort zone!



I used to love my comfort zone. My perfect little world where everything was placed in a way I wanted it to be. Nothing crazy ever happened, and I never had to do something scary, or take a little jump. Never ever. I went to school, got home, went horse riding, went working, went to my (ex)boyfriend, and that was it. That was my little perfect life. The next day, I did everything all over again.

Until I realised I was stuck. Smothered by the same routine, stuck in a relationship that didn't work, tired of doing a study I didn't like. I finally realised things had to change or I wouldn't be going anywhere and I would be stuck in a life that I didn't like. Time to manage my own life, organise, and clean up. Time to put my Big Girl Panties on! I switched to a different study, found the courage to break up with my boyfriend and started all over again. New class, new friends, new people I met. I'll never ever regret this decision.



Every once in a while we need to man up and clean out our lives when we realise; is this really how I want it to be? When the answer is no, it's time to get out of that comfort zone. Time to shake things up. We have so much influence on our own lives, you have now idea how much until you find out. There is so much more in this life than the life you are living right now.

Have you always wanted to travel? Plan it. Do it. Have you always wanted to learn how to play the guitar? Get lessons and do it. Do you hate your current job? Do you want to grow and learn? Find a new job, tell your boss it's time to move on and go. Stop dreaming and start making them come true. You can do so much more than you think you can! I've been thinking about starting this blog for a really long time but I was scared. Scared for the reactions. What if people didn't like it? Or say awful things about it? Then i thought; so what? If this is what I want, I should do it. It doesn't matter what other people say because they can't stop me. They can't tell me I shouldn't do it.

And here I am. Writing this blogpost. Living my happy single life, which I celebrated on Valentines day. Dancing my friends every weekend, because I can and it makes me happy. Going to my horse four times a week, because I can. Doing the most fun and best study I can imagine and going to school with a smile on my face, even if I have to get up way too early.

Please promise me this. Don't say you can't. Because you can! Those things you are dreaming off? You can make them come true. Just start with a little step. And yes, things can and WILL change if you really want to. You are the main character in your life. It is your life, and you can mold it into in the way you want it to be. And trust me, no one has the power to hold you back. That's all in your head. That's what you say to yourself but it's not true. Time to put your chin up high, and show them what you can do. You'll soon realise you've got the world at your feet.


"Never be afraid of trying something new, because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know." 
Lots of love


No comments:

Post a Comment